Click here to join!
We sometimes take for granted certain aspects of our lives, such as a home in which we feel safe and protected. Unfortunately, this is not the standard for those who come to Center for Hope and Safety (CHS). Calling CHS is the first step in their escape from an abusive and potentially deadly home environment.
Center for Hope and Safety is the only comprehensive non-profit organization that provides services for Bergen County's victims of domestic violence. These services include a 24-hour emergency hotline, housing; individual and group counseling, court and legal assistance, advocacy, extensive children's programming, community resource referrals, and community outreach and multicultural services. In 2016, CHS provided services to 1364 adults and children, answered 6,206 hotline calls and provided community education to 3,217 people. This could not have been done without the support of our community.
How will my gift be used?
Here is a small sampling of how your donation can help:
- $5,000 covers the cost of the 24-hour hotline for 1 week.
- $2,500 pays for 2 weeks of art therapy for children who
have witnessed DV.
- $1,000 provides 1 day of emergency housing, counseling
and food for a mother and her children.
- $250 pays the electric bill in one of the transitional houses.
- $100 covers the cost of 4 hours of job readiness training.
- $50 supplies medication for a client.
- $20 bedding for a client